8D/7N PAMIR RESORT
From SGD 1008
Vacation in the Pamirs is a wonderful combination of uncombinable elements in a program for those who prefer unusual, contrasting but cozy mountain vacations. This mountain tour is a good chance for non-alpinists to try the inclement but beautiful alpine world. Attended by an experienced mountain guide, they will stay at one of our yurt camps, which will provide them with comfortable lodging and delicious hot meals prepared by professional cooks.
Day 01: Arrival in Osh
Arrival in Osh. Meeting at airport or railway station. Transfer to Mountain Camp (Base Camp) on Edelweiss Meadow at Lenin Peak foot (3,600 m).Upon arrival at the Base Camp (3,600m) you will be accommodated in comfortable base tents. Tents feature with electricity, wooden flooring, mattresses, blankets, pillows and linens – blanket covers, pillowcases, sheets.
Today we will hike to Lukovaya (Leek) Meadow 200 meters above the Mountain camp where wild leek grows. Return to the Base Camp and a dinner in yurt (a yurt is a portable, felt-covered, wood lattice-framed dwelling structure traditionally used by nomads in Central Asia).
Day 02: Achik – Tash River Valley
Excursion to the nearest lakes across Achik-Tash River Valley. Lakes are here and there in the valley, each is uniquely beautiful and so promising terrific photos. You can even swim in them: the water is cold but bearable.
During the walking we visit the local people’s yurts to acquaint with the life and traditions of mountain nomads, who will no doubt treat you in their traditional beverage koumiss. Koumiss (kumiss, kumis) has peculiar taste. In the evening enjoy a campfire in the main yurt.
Day 03: Petrovskiy Peak ridge
Today we ascend the ridge running from Petrovskiy Peak (4,830 m). The hike will not be difficult and yield a lot of pleasure, especially if you are a lover of photography. To reach an altitude of 4,400 m would be enough; from here you can obtain a great panorama: the base camps in full view, the Alay Valley on the horizon, multicoloured slopes on the other side, the Travellers’ (Puteshestvennikov) Pass and the glacier of Lenin Peak behind it going up, like a broad white road, to the snowy caps of the peak proper.
Upon returning to the camp from a trip you will participate in a master class in cooking authentic plov (also spelled pilaf, pilaff, pilau, pilav, polow, pulaw, pulao), which you will then enjoy. To make the popular dish under the guidance of a professional cook is a perfect chance to learn all its cooking secrets and to include it in your list of specialities.
Day 04: Hike to Camp 1
Today we will be hiking up to Camp 1 (4,400 m) with breathtaking views opening before you at every turn of the trail. We shall cross Leek Meadow and reach the waterfall. Its water is always brown, irrespective of rain, snow or no precipitation at all. Then we shall go up to and over Puteshestvennikov (Travelers’) Mountain Pass (4,150 m). Then we shall hike along Lenin Glacier and ascend the moraine Yurt Camp 1 is pitched on. It will take from 5 to 7 hours to get there but it is well worth the effort. The view of Lenin Peak you will get in Camp 1 is absolutely different: you can see the peak itself and the lower part of its huge snowy slope; so close to you now, it is running up and away.
You may spend the rest of the day exploring the area around the camp and photographing.
Day 05: Free day at your leisure
Today you have two options: you can walk up with a guide to a nearby ridge and further to a low summit 4,750 m high, from where you can obtain a wonderful view of the grandiose landscape. Or you can spend time at your discretion – photographing, having light walks in the neighbourhood of the camp or just resting.
Day 06: Descent to Yurt Camp
After breakfast in yurt, you can explore the large moraine over Lenin Glacier, take pictures, visit beautiful glacial lake with extremely cold water. You may be lucky to see an avalanche rolling down a Lenin Peak side nearby, and even photograph it.
After the lunch at the yurt camp you will have an easy walk up the river. There you will find picturesque multi-coloured rocks, bizarre stone towers and a wondrous natural phenomenon consisting in the confluence of two streams, one of which carries red water and the other grey water, which do not mix!
Day 07: Transfer to Osh
Today, after breakfast transfer to Osh and check in to your hotel. You can spend time exploring Osh on your own.
Day 08: Departure
Transfer to International airport for departure.
- Meeting / seeing off at airport
- All transfers as per program
- One-night accommodation in Osh’s best hotel (3*) with breakfast (the last day)
- Accommodation of 2 pax tents in Yurt Camp
- (Tents feature with electricity, wooden flooring, mattresses, blankets, pillows and linens – blanket covers, pillowcases, sheets.)
- Full board (including hot dish courses; vegetarian meals possible) by professional chefs
- Heated communal yurts in Yurt Camp and Yurt Camp 1 for leisure, meals and entertainment
- Mountain guide
- Free transfer of personal baggage (under 15kg) from BC (3600m) to Camp 1 (4400m).
- Necessary equipment rental:- Sleeping bag (for visiting Camp 1);
– Telescopic ski sticks for walking;
– Sleeping pad;
– Metallic vacuum flask 0,5 – 1,0 litres;
– High gaiters to protect your feet from snow;
– First-aid kit group
- Preparation of all necessary documents required to visit border guard zone, ecotax
- Storage yurts in Yurt Camp and Yurt Camp 1
- Sauna and shower cabins in Yurt Camp
- Electricity consumption (220 V; 50 Hz).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Confirmation of package is subject to Hotel Availability
- Fixed Departure dates
- All rates are based on sharing basis
- All rates & tour itineraries are subject to change without notice
- All activities are subject to change relative to weather conditions