3D/2N MOUNT KINABALU HIKE
From SGD 818
Mount Kinabalu is a mountain in Sabah, Malaysia. It is protected as Kinabalu Park, a world heritage site. Kinabalu is the highest peak in Borneo’s crocker range and is the highest mountain in the Malay Archipelago as well as the highest mountain in Malaysia. Mount Kinabalu includes the Kinabalu montane alpine meadow ecoregion in the montane grasslands and shrublands biome. The mountain and its surroundings are among the most important biological sites in the world, with between 5,000 and 6,000 species of plants, 326 species of birds, and more than 100 mammalian species identiﬁed. Mount Kinabalu has been accorded UNESCO World Heritage status.
Day 01 : Singapore to Kota Kinabalu (By ﬂight)
Pickup from airport and depart on a 2 hours journey to Kundasang (Near Kinabalu Park).En route passing by villages and a panoramic vista of the valleys of the Crocker Range.Along the way, take a brief stop at Nabalu. Nabalu is a place where the local natives gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.Check into Kinabalu Pine Resort or similar.Rest of the day you are free at leisure.Dinner at resort’s restaurant and overnight.
Day 02: Mountain Hiking starts
Wake up for breakfast & pack up. Check out.Pick-up from Resort or similar and transfer to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch.Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG. Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times. You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins! The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.The trek will pass by diﬀerent vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
1500hrs: Arrive at Pendant hut @ 3,289m and sekle in.
1530hrs: Attend the mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
1800hrs: Buﬀet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight at Pendant Hut. Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner Pendant Huts
Day 03: Sunrise among the peaks and continue hike before departure
0130hrs: Wake up for early supper & pack up.
0230hrs: Continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
0540hrs: Summit Low’s peak @ 4,095m and catch the sunrise.
0600hrs: Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
0715hrs: Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for Walk the Torq via ferrata experience (introductory via ferrata, French grade PD).
0930hrs: Return to Pendant Hut
1100hrs: Check out of Pendant Hut. Descend to Timpohon Gate. Arrive at Timpohon Gate (Est. arrival 1600hrs to 1800hrs) and transfer to headquarter to collect certiﬁcate of achievement.
Lunch will be served in Kinabalu Park. Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
Flight back to Singapore
Things you should prepare for Mountain climbing
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoes with good grip
- Warm Clothing/Long sleeves shirt/hiking pants
- Jacket/wind breaker
- Extra clothing and and socks
- Small towels
- Hand Gloves and winter hats
- Disposable raincoats
- Head Torch
- Personal toiletries
- Reﬁllable water bottle
- High energy foods such as chocolates, nuts,biscuits,energy bars etc
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu park HQ at a nominal fees
- All prices are per person for a group of 16 people
- It is most advisable to climb during the dryer seasons which falls around March to August. However, passing showers and heavy rains are expected as we are referring to Tropical Rainforest. Moreover, the world climate has changed drastically, there is a slight unpredictability when it comes to weather forecasting. Anytime of year is a good time to climb Mount Kinabalu, the beauty remains and blooms
- Conﬁrmation of package is subject to Hotel Availability
- All rates & tour itineraries are subject to change without notice
- All activities are subject to change relative to weather conditions